Home Ed Club - Thursdays Spring March/April 2019
Time & Location
About The Event
• For 18mnths (walkers) to 11 year olds
- Children must be Home educated to attend
• An adult must attend with their child/ren
• Book in blocks of six sessions
- £4 an hour (£8 a session)
• Siiblings may attend for £2 a session (younger than 18mnths free)
- Includes fruit, biscuits, a campfire snack, hot chocolate, tea and coffee
What happens during a session?
Each session will have a theme, offering different activities each week. In addition the mud kitchen, fairy trees, den building, hammocks, tool area, minibeast hotel and whole woodland site can be explored each week. The sessions are designed to be child-led.
At about 2pm we will gather at the log circle for snack time around the campfire. Then, we will finish up with reflection time
around the log circle.
Dinosaurs, Birds and Eggs
Week 1 – We’re going on a dinosaur hunt! Dino ID and hunts..... (28/2/19)
Week 2 – Make your own fossil excavation block & campfire pancakes (7/3/19)
Week 3 – Design & make your own dinosaur with natural materials (14/3/19)
Week 4 – Bird feeders for the cafe and Spring treasure hunts (28/3/19)
Week 5 – Bird ID and giant nest challenge (4/4/19)
Week 6 – Easter egg hunt and campfire chocolate treats (11/4/19)
WHAT TO WEAR
Long sleeved t-shirts/jumpers
Sun hat/cream or warm hats/gloves/scarves (depending on weather)
Waterproofs (top and bottoms)
A pair of gardening/work gloves are recommended ·
Insect repellent – if desired
WHAT TO BRING
Water bottle/s (full) enough water for the whole session
ANY ESSENTIAL MEDICATION E.G. INHALERS
The postcode WR13 6JT will bring you within 500 yards, stay on the Marsh Road and look out for the Oakwood Forest School banner on a metal gate, which is opposite a wooden public footpath post.
- Home Ed - Thurs Spring£48£480£0
- Home Ed -Thurs Sib Spring£60£600£0